Saturday, December 29, 2007

Just a small post

IMG_5572
IMG_5571

I bought the Malabrigo Loafers pattern that I've been drooling over for a while, figuring I would get tons of use out of it. I've just about finished a pair to give to my mother for (a late) christmas present, all I really have left to do is weave in the ends. I had to cut the yarn using some nail clippers since I knit them while on a layover at work. I'm considering slightly felting them. They are quite big on me, and my moms feet are TINY. She wears a size 5, I wear about a size 7 and you can see how big they are on my feet.


IMG_5573

I am attempting to knit a smaller pair on size 7's, but I've just finished one today and it's not too much smaller. I'll probably finish this darker blue pair, and then figure out which pair to give to my mother after my attempt to felt.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I ordered myself Knitting Classic Style with my 40% off coupon from Barnes & Noble and I can't wait for it to get here! I wanted to get Dream Toys too, but I didn't think I would get as much use out of it as Classic Style, and I'm trying to save money so I guess it's on my wish list until I've got more money. :)

I have two other knitting projects to post, but I can't until I go out to visit Julie next month since I knit them for her for Christmas. :)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Speaking of Christmas, Ronnie and I are getting ready to take down our little Charlie Brown tree my mom got us, so here's a picture of it almost nude! I hope everyone had a great holiday!

3 comments:

Jules said...

NOT FAIR! I WANT TO SEE THEM! It's freezing here and you know I don't say that often! It's 34 right now and I want to pee. Jealous of your new book as I couldn't find either of the ones I wanted at BN today. I bought four new books though. Book Theif was out of stock so it's ordered and heading to my house along with Oates Missing Mother. Plus I get Vanishing Acts of Esmme Lennox and The Mulvaneys by Oates as well. I'm a loser.

Sara Elizabeth said...

haha well you will see them very soon! pssht it's been in the 20's here, you'd really pee then! I don't even want to go outside! I had to get my book from the airport, and the knitting one I ordered off the internet because I didn't feel like driving out there. I'm so lazy

Virtuous said...

I just finished my loafers and had to come by to check your outs!

They were fun to make. I definitely changed needle sizes to make sure they fit snug on my feet!

Consider felting them down to fit!